Skip to main content

'Tis the season to be voting

I haven't enjoyed a primary season like this one in SUCH a long time!

First, I'll say, I haven't paid as much attention to primaries in the past as I have this one, but damn, I sure picked a good one.

So, Clinton and Obama are in a dead heat (always thought that was a weird phrase). OK. I'm an Obama supporter, but if Clinton gets the nomination, I'm fine with that. If all of the Democratic contestants were still in the race, she wouldn't be my second choice either. However, if it's her, I can deal. I'd like to see how a female president would work. I think, very well. I do feel - though - that we need a real change in this country. The idea of Bush - Clinton - Bush - Clinton is not appealing to me at all. Yes, things were going well in the 90s, but that's so last millennium. Enough of the past. I think we need a real change, or - to paraphrase Monty Python - we need something completely different. I think that's Barack Obama.

As much as I like the fact that we have the choice - on the Democratic side - of either a black man or a woman this time (one of the best things ever), I am enjoying what's happening on the republican* side too. The right-wing pundits seem to hate McCain because he tries to work with the Democrats. Bottom line, that's their beef with McCain. He's too liberal, they say.

Let's look at their other choices:
Huckabee: The one still going after the now deflated Christian Conservatives. Yes, he took a few states in the South, but considering a lot of the now former leaders in the Christian Coalition are now defamed by their own devices, how is that really going to translate into a nomination?
Romney: He's the Ken doll that just dropped out so America doesn't "surrender to terror", so there's that. Personally, I think he's excuses are rhino-shit. I think either he made some deal with McCain or his five "patriotic" sons are getting worried about their inheritance.
Paul: Well, he gets little to no airtime, even when sitting or standing next to any of the other candidates, so no way he's getting the nomination. Sorry all you Ron Paul supporters out there...it ain't happening.

So, it's McCain and Huckabee left on the republican side. Right wingers hate McCain and Huckabee's going after the wrong part of the party. Sweet!
What's even better is how the right wing pundits are now saying they'll vote for Clinton over McCain. Limbaugh, Coulter, Beck. They've all said things about how they hate McCain and they'd rather vote for Clinton. McCain was booed at CPAC...and on and on...

Hypocracy, thy phrase is "right wing pundit"

* I do not capitalize the word "republican" until republicans start treating their Democratic opponents with a modicum of respect by not using the word Democrat as an adjective (ie. the "Democrat Congress") as Bushco. likes to do. It's demeaning and disrespectful and another fine example of republican douchebaggery (I know, redundant)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday, July 12 2008 - My night went a little something like this:

* before you get into the post below, just know that I've been up for hours working on it and for some reason, there were problems with almost every video I tried to embed. Some I could change to a link, some wouldn't. I will try editing later, but for now, here's what I have: First, I pick up my wonderful girlfriend, Jenny and we head over to the Pauley Pavillion at UCLA . We got to see VH1 Rock Honors The WHO . We arrived around 7:30 for an 8pm show. We found our seats (which were up high, but it's a smaller venue and I couldn't really shell out $300/ticket) and soon after, the announcement came over the P.A.: "Ladies and Gentlemen, please take your seats. The show will begin in 3 minutes. Sure enough, three minutes later, The video montage starts up on the monitors. Quick shots of a myriad of Who fans describing why The Who is the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World . Dave Navarro, Slash , Joan Jett , Cameron Crowe , Harry Shearer , Billy Bob T

MY Awards for the Oscars

Ok , here's how this goes: I'm giving either a Pat on the Back for something I liked or a Flick of the Ear (using my middle finger) to something I didn't like... A Pat on the Back goes to... Jon Stewart, for doing a good job as host, with a clever monologue, funny intros (Tom Hanks won twice and now has no right to be here) and my favorite montage of all time, the Oscar Tribute to Binoculars and Periscopes . A Flick of the Ear goes to... Jon Stewart, for including the Barack Hussein Obama material in his monologue. Coulter , Limbaugh, Hannity and every other right-wing douchebag emphasizes Obama's middle name. I understand it was a set up for a joke but the right-wing pundits are jokes themselves, so I saw no need to pile on (Although, " Gaydolph Titler " cracked me up). A Pat on the Back goes to... Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova for their performance and winning the Academy Award for the song, "Falling Slowly" from

The 44 Year Old Cynic

SO, it's my best friend's birthday. Scott Holme (a.k.a. Cynic The Infotainer ) is now in the Year of the Magnum (that means 44). We're gonna be bowling and drinking and whoopin' it up, as it were. I wasn't sure what else to put here. Then I found this birthday video from Sarah Silverman to Jimmy Kimmel, so here it is: Happy Birthday, Holme-Slice!