Skip to main content

Gerald Ford is right (again)

I was with my best girl at my best friend's place with some of the best people I've ever known...and I had the best time.



so THAT'S what it's like to enjoy an election night party. Now I see why the republicans lie, cheat, steal, smear, intimidate, and soar to new heights of fear-mongering and hypocrisy to win an election. It's a hell of a good feeling.

I think this shows that America has come out of its 9/11 shock. Took a while, but we're healing. We still have more to go, but damn if this isn't a huge step in the right direction.

Good job, America! Keep it up!

"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald Ford

R.I.P. Cynic the Infotainer...? (insert Ming the Merciless's echoed laughter, some drums and "The Hero" from Flash Gordon)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Road Trip, Volume 1

Every Tuesday, I drive down to Los Angeles from Ventura. More specifically, I head to Barney's Beanery in West Hollywood to host Trivia (9pm. Come check it out sometime!). After, I usually head to my good friend's home (that would be Pete & Cate) and enjoy a few hours hanging out with some of my very great, gracious and generous friends. The trip is 60 miles, each way. That gives me about 2 hours each Tuesday to listen to whatever music I have on my ipod. I have an 8GB so I tend to rotate music off and on it frequently. Recently, as suggested by my love, Emily, I listened to the entire ipod, alphabetized by song. That guaranteed I actually hear each song at least once. I highly recommend doing this. The only rules are: 1. No skipping any tracks 2. No repeating any tracks. It took me a few months to get through my ipod, from A to $64,000 (the last song was the theme song to the $64,000 Question). Since then, I have swapped out a lot of songs for new music. ...

Saturday, July 12 2008 - My night went a little something like this:

* before you get into the post below, just know that I've been up for hours working on it and for some reason, there were problems with almost every video I tried to embed. Some I could change to a link, some wouldn't. I will try editing later, but for now, here's what I have: First, I pick up my wonderful girlfriend, Jenny and we head over to the Pauley Pavillion at UCLA . We got to see VH1 Rock Honors The WHO . We arrived around 7:30 for an 8pm show. We found our seats (which were up high, but it's a smaller venue and I couldn't really shell out $300/ticket) and soon after, the announcement came over the P.A.: "Ladies and Gentlemen, please take your seats. The show will begin in 3 minutes. Sure enough, three minutes later, The video montage starts up on the monitors. Quick shots of a myriad of Who fans describing why The Who is the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World . Dave Navarro, Slash , Joan Jett , Cameron Crowe , Harry Shearer , Billy Bob T...

"The Danksgiving Challenge"

For those of you that indulge in "herbal delights", here is a game I came up with at work today. I call it... "The Danksgiving Challenge" 1. Gather all of your friends and family around the Thanksgiving table around 10-15 minutes before serving begins. 2. Pass around your choice of pre-rolls (joints), pipes, bongs or whatever. Just so everyone gets at least a couple of really strong hits. 3. Serve dinner. Make sure everyone eats a lot of turkey. So far, pretty easy, yes? Well, now, here's the challenge: With the combination of THC and tryptophan in everyone's systems, the last person to doze off gets an extra piece of pumpkin pie! Happy Thanksgiving! Oh, and you're welcome.